HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
THANK YOU for a wonderful year! AMP appreciates all the parent and student volunteers who helped make the Metea music events and programs happen all year! Have a safe and enjoyable break and we look forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
- 2016-2017 AMP Board. This board will end their term on June 30, 2017. Three music parents will be leaving the board: Linda Watkins, President; Kelly Sherwood, VP of Chorus; and Theresa Hus, Treasurer. We thank them for their many hours of devotion to AMP.
- 2017-2018 AMP Board. Three 2016-2017 board members will continue on the board for next year (2017-2018): Alex Klopp, VP of Band (who will move to the role of AMP President); Shyamla Narayan, Secretary (who will move to the role of VP of Band); and Debbie Hagel, VP of Orchestra. We welcome three new music parents to the 2017-2018 AMP Board: Linda Stachniak, VP of Chorus; Lisa Ventrella, Secretary; and Jeanne Sheehan, Treasurer.
- Newsletter format. Please review the PDF main newsletter page to view information from AMP and the MVHS music department and don’t miss the calendar to get all important dates.
- Social Media. Stay connected by joining AMP on Facebook, on Twitter at @MeteaAMP and on Instagram @metea_AMP!
- Learn About The Music Program. Learn how AMP supports the exciting MV music programs by viewing this slideshow under “MVHS Music Program Overview.” You can get involved with opportunities here.
For Your Information
- Dinners Out. The May “Dinners Out” at Portillo’s was a success thanks to your participation. “Dinners Out” fundraisers for AMP will resume in September.
- Submit Music Photos. Please share student and staff music photos from the current school year and previous years here. Please share the link with your student(s) and other parents.
- MVHS Music Alumni. If you know a former MVHS fine arts student or parent, please invite them to like the AMP Facebook page and follow the AMP Twitter account (@MeteaAMP) or Instagram account (@metea_AMP) to find out current happenings in the music program.
- Senior Girls. If you would like to donate your black concert dress to the music department, please try to drop off by Friday, June 9 or feel free to leave them at the Metea front office during the summer, labeled “Music Department.” Please contact Mrs. Boddy with questions at Paulette_Boddy@ipsd.org.
- Next AMP Board Meeting. All parents with a student(s) in Metea’s music program are welcome to attend the next AMP meeting, scheduled for September 2017. Check back for details.
- Recordings. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs.
- Collage 2017. Save the date! Collage performances are November 30, 2017 and December 1, 2017. Mandatory dress rehearsal on November 29, 2017.
- Summer Music at Metea. Take a look at the various offerings for summer music at District 204 schools – please note orchestra programs are in August.
- Awards Night. The Music Awards Night was Tuesday, May 9 at 7pm and was followed by a dessert reception. Thank you to the music parents that volunteered for the event.
- Spring Concerts. The May 11 Choir Concert, May 16 Band Concerts and May 18 Orchestra Concert were a success. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs.
- Fine Arts Festival. Once again, this year’s Fine Arts Festival was on May 20 and Metea was filled with music and art all day long. Thank you to the music parents who supported AMP in the concession and alumni tent areas.
- Musical Theater. AIDA performances were well received by audiences and received coverage in the Naperville Sun: article and photos. Save the date for the fall musical Little Shop of Horrors on November 2, 3 and 4, 2017.
- Alumni Tent. AMP welcomed back 50+ music and arts students (Classes 2012 – 2016) who visited the MV Fine Arts Department Alumni Tent during Fine Arts Festival. The tent boasted testimonials and memories dating back to 2009. See pictures here.
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!