End-of-School-Year Reminder: All students are required to fulfill two volunteer positions each semester during the course of the 2016-2017 school year. There are numerous opportunities to fulfill this requirement after school, evenings and on the weekends.
The Metea Valley Tri-M Music National Honor Society boasts 300 members — one of the largest in the country. The quest of Tri-M members is to work together to raise public support and awareness for music programs and help students reach their full potential. Tri-M is a service-oriented student-run organization. Members are required to attend monthly meetings and fulfill various school-improvement and community relations volunteer duties in order to fulfill their membership requirements.
The first Tri-M monthly membership meeting was held on 10/4. At that meeting, students were provided a vision for the semester’s activities.
- Please note that there is a Tri-M home page and a Tri-M student page.
- The official link to the SignUpGenius for Tri-M students to sign up for service credit is now available.
- All students are required to fulfill two volunteer positions each semester during the course of the 2016-2017 school year. There are numerous opportunities to fulfill this requirement after school, evenings and on the weekends.
- Future required monthly meetings are scheduled at 6:50 AM (Tuesdays): 5/2.
- All Tri-M members are required to attend Collage (12/1/16 & 12/2/16), Fine Arts Festival (5/20/17) and the Tri-M Recital (2/21/17).
- Tri-M students are required to wear their Tri-M shirt (sent home with your student), black pants, and name badge to all service events.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
The Tri-M Membership Induction Ceremony and Reception was held on Thursday, September 29 with over 600 students and family members in attendance. At the reception, special guest Dr. Larry Livingston, a distinguished conductor, educator, and a highly respected motivational speaker was presented the Tri-M Lifetime Honorary Member Award.
Please read Dr. Livingston’s letter to Superintendent Karen Sullivan after his visit to Metea.
See more details at Tri-M Music Honor Society website.
- Twitter @mvhstrim
- Instagram @mvhs_trim – tag Tri-M in pictures or DM pictures to post!
- Add on Remind @mvtrim
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!