- Newsletter format. Please review the PDF main newsletter page to visit the items of interest regarding information from AMP and the MVHS music department. Don’t miss the calendar to get all important dates.
- Social Media. A great way to stay connected while at MVHS — or after your student graduates! Please join today and encourage your alumni parent friends and alumni music students to also join us on social media. Alumni events, MV department concerts, Collage Concert details, etc. are communicated regularly. Please join AMP on Facebook and Twitter at @MeteaAMP!
- Learn About The Music Program. If you missed the AMP informational meeting on Wednesday, March 22 you can still learn how AMP supports the exciting MV music programs by viewing this slideshow under “MVHS Music Program Overview.” Want to get involved? See more opportunities here.
For Your Information
- Dinners Out. The April “Dinners Out” location will be Chipotle Warrenville on April 26, 2017. Consider your family’s dinner done that evening. Please see the “Dinners Out” article for details and info on the May 17 “Dinners Out” at Portillo’s.
- Senior Plaques & Photos. Senior parents, keepsakes are available of your senior student along with their peers in band, orchestra, or chorus. You can purchase a senior plaque (that has the group photo) with all the names engraved and/or two sizes of group photos. Students can view these plaques and photos in their band, orchestra or chorus classrooms. Orders will be accepted through April 21 and plaques will be delivered to your student on May 8. Please see order form.
- Marching Mustangs. The Marching Mustangs is part of our music department’s strong foundation of excellence in music education. Orchestra and chorus students are also encouraged to join, as there are spots in the Pit Percussion and Color Guard where they can participate. You must register to be in Marching Mustangs by Friday, April 28, 2017. To register for Marching Band, go to http://www.meteamusic.org/marching-mustangs.html.
- MVHS Music Alumni. If you know a former MVHS fine arts student or parent, please invite them to like the AMP Facebook page and follow the AMP Twitter account (@MeteaAMP) to find out current happenings in the music program. Alumni won’t want to miss updates about the alumni tent at the Fine Arts Festival on May 20. All MVHS fine arts alumni are invited to stop by! See more details here. To help at the Music Alumni tent, please see this link.
- Next AMP Board Meeting. The next AMP meeting is scheduled for 4:00pm on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 in A133.
- Recordings. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs.
- Music Decals. Decals for vehicles can be purchased from the Sports Boosters window in the Commons at all sporting events. Decals available include: band, orchestra, chorus, madrigals, etc.
- Awards Night. The Music Awards Night is Tuesday, May 9 at 7pm. Please see details in the May Events article and volunteer to help here.
- Spring Concerts. Please see details on May events article.
- Thursday, May 11 @ 7pm – Choir Concert
- Tuesday, May 16 @ 6:30pm & 8:15pm – Band Concerts
- Thursday, May 18 @ 7pm – Orchestra Concert
- Fine Arts Festival. This year the Fine Arts Festival is on Saturday, May 20, 2017. AMP facilitates concessions, organizes volunteers and more. See the SignUp Genius link to help. (See the May Events article & schedule when your student is performing.)
- Summer Music at Metea. Take a look at the various offerings for summer music at District 204 schools – please note orchestra programs are in August. Don’t miss scholarship info below.
- Saraswati Senior Music Scholarship. Seniors, don’t miss the deadline (April 28) to apply for the $1,000 scholarship for curricular music students. See application for details.
- Summer Music Camp Scholarship. Don’t miss the deadline (April 28) for the Summer Music Camp Scholarship to attend a performance-based music summer camp. See application for details.
- 2017-2018 AMP Executive Board. Congratulations to the 2017-2018 AMP Executive Board who were elected at the AMP Meeting on April 5! All board members assume their new positions on July 1, 2017.
- President, Alex Klopp
- VP of Band, Shyamla Narayan
- VP of Chorus, Linda Stachniak
- VP of Orchestra, Debbie Hagel
- Secretary, Lisa Venterella
- Treasurer, Jeanne Sheehan
- MIOSM Concerts. The March “Music in Our Schools Month” concerts were held in the auditorium and select concerts were filmed and shown on NCTV17.
- Jazz Showcase Concert. This concert was held March 20th for extracurricular groups.
- Marching Band Spring Break Trip. See photos in Music on the Road.
- Orchestra Spring Break Trip. See photos in Music on the Road.
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!