- New Newsletter format. Please review the PDF main newsletter page to visit the items of interest regarding information from AMP and the MVHS music department. Don’t miss the calendar to get all important dates.
- Social Media. Please join AMP on Facebook and Twitter at @MeteaAMP! Please encourage your music students and music alumni to join MV AMP on social media.
For Your Information
- 2017-2018 AMP Executive Board & Chairperson Nominations. Whether you’re a band, chorus or orchestra parent, AMP could use your help! 2017-2018 MV AMP Board and Chairperson positions are available. All nominations are due Friday, March 17, 2017. Read details here. Please visit the AMP table at the MIOSM concerts to learn more.
- Upcoming Event Chairpersons Needed. Two co-chairs are needed for the Music Department Awards Reception (event date 5/9/17) and Fine Arts Concessions (event date 5/20/17). Please see details here. (This is a perfect opportunity to work with a friend and co-chair one of the events.)
- Dinners Out. The March “Dinners Out” location will be Taylor Street Pizza on three different dates: Thursday, March 9; Tuesday, March 14; and Thursday, March 16. All three dates are also MIOSM (Music in Our Schools Month) Concert dates. Your family has dinner covered no matter when your student’s concert(s) may be! Please see the “Dinners Out” article for details and info on the April (Chipotle) “Dinners Out” date.
- AMP Informational Meeting. On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 7pm in the MVHS LMC, all MV music parents and 8th grade music parents (from Granger, Hill and Still) are invited to attend an informational gathering to learn how AMP supports the exciting MV music programs. Please spread the word to incoming 8th grade parents with students taking a music class next year too and invite them to attend the meeting with you.
- Next AMP Board Meeting. The next AMP meeting is scheduled for 4:00pm on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 in A133.
- Senior Plaques & Photos. Senior parents, keepsakes are available of your senior student along with their peers in band, orchestra, or chorus. You can purchase a Senior plaque (that has the group photo) with all the names engraved and/or two sizes of group photos. Sample plaques and photos will be available for viewing at all MIOSM Concerts. Please look for the AMP table to get more information about purchasing a keepsake for your student! Orders will be accepted through 4/20. and plaques will be delivered to your student on 5/8. Plaques can also be picked up on Awards Night (5/9). Please see order form.
- MVHS Music Alumni. If you know a former MVHS fine arts student or parent, please invite them to like the AMP Facebook page and follow the AMP Twitter account (@MeteaAMP) to find out current happenings in the music program. Alumni won’t want to miss updates about the alumni tent at the Fine Arts Festival on May 20. All MVHS fine arts alumni are invited to stop by! See more details here.
- Heather Headley Visit. Grammy and Tony award winner Heather Headley visited Metea Valley High School to conduct a master class for students. Her visit was part of the school’s “Live from Broadway!” series. Watch this month’s Explore 204 to see her visit.
- School Board candidates. ARTSpeaks and the Music Education Advocates Coalition (MEAC) asked Indian Prairie School District Board of Education Candidates some questions. Read the candidates’ responses on the ARTSpeaks website.
- Recordings. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs.
- Music Decals. Decals for vehicles can be purchased from the Sports Boosters window in the Commons at all sporting events. Decals available include: band, orchestra, chorus, madrigals, etc.
- MIOSM Concerts. View the list of performing groups (March 9, 14, 16) for the “Music in Our Schools Month” concerts held in the MVHS Auditorium. (Don’t forget the “Dinners Out” fundraiser at Taylor Street Pizza on these concert dates.)
- Jazz Showcase Concert. To be held March 20th for extracurricular groups.
- Marching Band Spring Break Trip. The spring break trip includes a trip to Epcot in Florida and then a cruise to the Bahamas.
- Orchestra Spring Break Trip. The spring break trip is to Taiwan.
- Art Speaks. The next ARTSPEAKS event is on April 6, 2017 featuring Nina Kraus. Dr. Kraus is a professor of Neurobiology and Physiology, Otolaryngology at Northwestern University and will be presenting Art, Music, and the Brain: How the arts influence us from youth to maturity. The event takes place at the Crouse Education Center in the board room at 7pm.
- Marching Mustangs. The Marching Mustangs is part of our music department’s strong foundation of excellence in music education. Orchestra and Choir students are also encouraged to join, as there are spots in the Pit Percussion and Color Guard where they can participate. You must register to be in Marching Mustangs by Friday, April 28, 2017. To register for Marching Band, go to http://www.meteamusic.org/marching-mustangs.html.
- Summer Music at Metea. Take a look at the various offerings for summer music at Mete – please note orchestra programs are in August. Add the dates to your calendar and additional information about registering and scholarships (available to all music students attending a camp) will be coming soon.
- Jazz Ensemble. The Jazz Ensemble performed at UIC during “Jazz Fest” on February 15. Check out “Music on the Road” for photos.
- Organizational Festival. The February 20th event was held at Neuqua Valley High School and seven MV groups participated.
- Tri-M Recital. The Tri-M recital was on February 21st with 15 performances including MVHS band, chorus and orchestra students. Kudos to the performers!
- Solo & Ensemble. The annual District event was held at Waubonsie Valley HS on February 25th. MVHS was represented with 88 soloists and 49 ensembles. A total of 13 district soloists and ensemble groups were invited to perform at the Honors Concert (also on 2/25), of which 4 were from Metea. View photos on the AMP page on Facebook and Twitter at @MeteaAMP.