Chairpersons Needed for 2016-2017 Events
MV AMP is looking for Chairpersons for these remaining 2016-2017 events:
- Senior Plaques (2/1/17 – 5/15/17)
- Music Department Awards Reception co-chairs (event date 5/9/17)
- Fine Arts Concessions co-chairs (event date 5/20/17)
Please contact MV AMP President, Linda Watkins to find out more details about these positions.
Whether you’re a band, chorus, or orchestra parent, we could use your help to support Metea Valley High School’s wonderful music faculty and Grammy award winning Metea music program.
For the 2017-2018 fiscal year (7/1/17 – 6/30/18), the AMP Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the Executive Board and also speaking with parents who are interested in serving as a Committee Chairperson. If you are interested in a position, please speak with a nominating committee member by Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Please review the organizational chart for MV AMP here.
- If you are interested in an Executive Board position, please contact a member of the nominating committee (see below) for a job description and more details.
- Please review the MV AMP board and chairperson descriptions here.
- Nominations will be posted at www.meteamusic.org 10 days before the election.
- Elections for the 2017-2018 MV AMP Executive Board positions will be held on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 4pm in Room A133. At that same time, the Nominating Committee will present a list of parents interested in the 2017-2018 Chairperson positions for acknowledgement by the AMP Board.
Executive Board Positions
- VP of Band
- VP of Chorus
- VP of Orchestra
In addition to accepting nominations from the AMP membership, the following Executive Board members are interested in remaining on the AMP Board in the same or a different capacity for the 2017-2018 fiscal year:
- Alex Klopp – as President (currently the 2016-2017 VP of Band) – (MV AMP by-laws denote that the office of President may be held by co-officers. Nominations will be accepted accordingly.)
- Debbie Hagel – as VP of Orchestra (currently the 2016-2017 VP of Orchestra)
- Shyamla Narayan – as VP of Band (currently the 2016-2017 Secretary)
Committee Chairpersons Positions
- Tri-M Music Honor Society Reception
- Tri-M Music Honor Society Monthly Breakfasts
- Awards Night Reception
- Fine Arts Festival Concessions
- Dinners Night Out
- Senior Plaques
…and many more opportunities…please view all positions here.
Please review the MV AMP organization in its entirety here.
Please contact a member of the Nominating Committee for more information about any of the positions:
Elyse Degen, Chairperson
Dina Bradshaw, Committee Member
Linda Watkins (AMP President), Committee Member
Don Devany (MV Fine Arts Department Chair), Committee Member
**Please note that a by-law amendment referencing executive board terms was posted at the MeteaMusic.org website under the AMP tab on February 6, 2017. On April 5, 2017, an AMP General Membership vote will be taken to approve the motion.