MVHS music students perform in the community, sharing their musical talents in a variety of venues. Here’s a summary of MVHS “Music on the Road.”
The top slide show is from the Spring Break 2017 music trips (Orchestra trip to Taiwan & Band trip to Disney/Bahamas) and the bottom slide show features all other Music on the Road events listed below.
- 9/24 – The Bachstreet Boys Quartet performed in the pre-concert at the Taipei Harmonic Chorus 60th Anniversary Concert in Wentz Hall, NapervilleHighlights: Metea orchestra students performed Dvorak’s String Quintet No. 2 , op. 77 – second movement and “Por Una Cabeza” by Gardel.
- 10/13 – String Quintet played at the Plainfield North High School Choir ConcertHighlights: Metea orchestra students accompanied the high school’s top choir performing Martini’s “Domine Ad Adjuvandum Me Festina,” an ILMEA piece.
- 10/20 – String Quartet played at the Citizen Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS) Banquet at Meson Sabika in Naperville. Highlights: Attendants included Mayor Steve Chirico and the majority of the city council.
- 10/29 – Mustang Strings performed at the Troop 81 Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast held in the MVHS Commons.
- 12/4 – String Quartet played at the opening show of Paramount Theatre’s “The Little Mermaid” in downtown Aurora. Highlights: Celebrating the opening of a new show, with coverage by Dean Richards from WGN.
- 12/8 – String Quartet played at the Monarch Landing Annual Holiday Celebration.
- 12/8 – Metea String Ensemble performed at Fair Oaks Ford Lincoln Holiday Celebration Event.
- 1/16 – String Quartet plays at Martin Luther King, Jr. Day at Brookfield Zoo.
- 1/26 – Wind Ensemble & Wind Symphony performed at ILMEA.
- 3/25-4/2 -26 MVHS students from the orchestra and Chinese language program along with 7 MVHS chaperones represented the school and traveled to Taiwan over spring break. The itinerary included three performances: two at different high schools with a combined finale with the local high schools, and one performance in Kaohsiung at the National Kaohsiung Normal University; MVHS staff member, vocalist Rachel Cheng performed as well. At the conclusion of this performance, Dr. Echols presented a gift to Metea’s new sister school, National Kaohsiung Normal University which was founded in 1967, is considered one of the best universities in Taiwan and is accredited as an institution in pursuing “excellence in teaching.”
- 5/29 – Wind Ensemble performed at Metea graduation at NIU Convocation Center, DeKalb.
- 10/9 & 10/10 – Chamber Singer traveled to IWU (IL Wesleyan University) and worked with Dr. J Scott Ferguson.
- 10/24 – Madrigal Singers were guest performers at the Hill Middle School Chorus concert.
- 10/26 – Varsity Singers were guest performers at Aurora University’s fall choral concert.
- 10/29 – Muses and Apollo were guest performers at the Troop 81 Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast.
- 11/18 – Treble Singers worked with clinicians at Notre Dame’s St. Mary’s College Women’s Choir Festival and performed at the Festival.
- 12/4 – Chamber Singers were guest performers at the Illinois Wesleyan University Christmas Concert in Bloomington.
- 12/6 – MadriGALS performed at Faith Lutheran Church.
- 12/8 – Apollo and Muses performed at the Naperville Rotary Club.
- 12/8 – The mixed Madrigals singers performed at the Aurora Country Club, Crouse Educational Center, and a nursing home.
- 1/23 – The gentlemen of Apollo were guest performers at the Still Middle School Choral Exchange.
- 2/22 – Chamber Singers performed with Augustana College.
- 5/29 – Performed at Metea graduation at NIU Convocation Center, DeKalb.
- 9/3 – Marching Band performed at Northwestern Band Day in Chicago.
- 9/5 – Marching Band performed at Naperville Labor Day parade.
- 10/1 – Marching Band performed at District 204 Marching Band Festival held at MVHS.
- 10/1 – Marching Band performed at Red and Black NIU Fall Classic in DeKalb.
- 2/15 – Jazz Ensemble played at “Jazz Fest” at UIC.
- 3/24 – 4/1 – The spring break trip included a trip to Epcot in Florida and then a cruise to the Bahamas. 102 MVHS music students performed at the Epcot parade and a movie soundtrack recording session. The Jazz Ensemble performed in the Bahamas and on the cruise ship. 14 chaperones, and 5 music faculty accompanied the students.
- 4/4 – Jazz Ensemble performed at Base Camp Pub & Eatery.
- 4/8 – Wind Ensemble performed at Chicagoland Concert Band Festival.
- 5/29 – Marching Band performs at Aurora Memorial Day parade.
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!