SPECIAL PROJECT: Tri-M is launching a special joint project with the Tri-M memberships of NV and WV this year…the iPod Drive. Tri-M students will collect iPods to help elderly and Alzheimer patients reconnect with their memories by personalized music on iPods. Please consider donating any unused iPods (wipe them clean before donating) and place your donation in the collection box in your ensemble room.
The Tri-M recital is February 21, 2017. Details will be shared with at the 2/7 Tri-M meeting. All music students are welcome!
The Metea Valley Tri-M Music National Honor Society boasts 300 members — one of the largest in the country. The quest of Tri-M members is to work together to raise public support and awareness for music programs and help students reach their full potential. Tri-M is a service-oriented student-run organization. Members are required to attend monthly meetings and fulfill various school-improvement and community relations volunteer duties in order to fulfill their membership requirements.
The first Tri-M monthly membership meeting was held on 10/4. At that meeting, students were provided a vision for the semester’s activities.
- Please note that there is a Tri-M home page and a Tri-M student page.
- The official link to the SignUpGenius for Tri-M students to sign up for service credit is now available.
- All students are required to fulfill two volunteer positions each semester during the course of the 2016-2017 school year. There are numerous opportunities to fulfill this requirement after school, evenings and on the weekends.
- Future required monthly meetings are scheduled at 6:50 AM (Tuesdays): 2/7, 3/7, 4/4 and 5/2.
- Tri-M is launching a special joint project with the Tri-M memberships of NV and WV this year…the iPod Drive. Tri-M students will collect iPods to help elderly and Alzheimer patients reconnect with their memories by personalized music on iPods. Please consider donating any unused iPods (wipe them clean before donating) and place your donation in the collection box in your ensemble room.
- All Tri-M members are required to attend Collage (12/1/16 & 12/2/16), Fine Arts Festival (5/20/17) and the Tri-M Recital (2/21/17).
- Tri-M students are required to wear their Tri-M shirt (sent home with your student), black pants, and name badge to all service events.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
The Tri-M Membership Induction Ceremony and Reception was held on Thursday, September 29 with over 600 students and family members in attendance. At the reception, special guest Dr. Larry Livingston, a distinguished conductor, educator, and a highly respected motivational speaker was presented the Tri-M Lifetime Honorary Member Award.
Please read Dr. Livingston’s letter to Superintendent Karen Sullivan after his visit to Metea.
See more details at Tri-M Music Honor Society website.
- Twitter @mvhstrim
- Instagram @mvhs_trim – tag Tri-M in pictures or DM pictures to post!
- Add on Remind @mvtrim