Photos courtesy of Time Stops Photography
The group performed to three sold-out Madrigal Feaste shows on 12/16 and 12/17 on the MVHS Auditorium stage. The Madrigals performed secular vocal music compositions from the Renaissance and early Baroque eras, as well as holiday favorites.
- The production consisted of 26 Madrigals, 20 MadriGALS (two groups), 2 jesters, and brass, string, recorder and lute ensembles.
- Approximately 300 guests were either served a meal (or dessert) at their table or had a more modest view from the peasant viewing area. Many parents attended multiple shows.
- Tickets were $26 and $10 and went on sale in early November.
- Aramark handled the food service (delicious chicken and vegetarian options) and the Tri-M students served.
- A huge thank you to Kelly Sherwood, AMP liasion & MadriGAL costumes; Kathy Kiefer, decor; Ellen Oldenburg, courtier costumes; Raji Vivekanandan, tickets; Amy Biegelmann, tech meals. Thank you to all other parent and students volunteers and music faculty who helped make the Madrigal Feastes happen.
- All Madrigal vocal troupes performed holiday music before every Collage concert in the south lobby.
- In addition, during their season, the group had special performances and service projects throughout the community. See the Music on the Road post for details.
See more details at Madrigal Singers website.