MVHS music students perform in the community, sharing their musical talents in a variety of venues. Here’s a summary of MVHS “Music on the Road.”
- 9/24 – The Bachstreet Boys Quartet performed in the pre-concert at the Taipei Harmonic Chorus 60th Anniversary Concert in Wentz Hall, NapervilleHighlights: Metea orchestra students performed Dvorak’s String Quintet No. 2 , op. 77 – second movement and “Por Una Cabeza” by Gardel.
- 10/13 – String Quintet played at the Plainfield North High School Choir ConcertHighlights: Metea orchestra students accompanied the high school’s top choir performing Martini’s “Domine Ad Adjuvandum Me Festina,” an ILMEA piece.
- 10/20 – String Quartet played at the Citizen Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS) Banquet at Meson Sabika in Naperville.Highlights: Attendants included Mayor Steve Chirico and the majority of the city council.
- 10/29 – Mustang Strings performed at the Troop 81 Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast held in the MVHS Commons.
- 11/15 – Music rehearsals began for the spring break orchestra trip to Taiwan.
- 12/4 – String Quartet played at the opening show of Paramount Theatre’s “The Little Mermaid” in downtown Aurora. Highlights: Celebrating the opening of a new show, with coverage by Dean Richards from WGN.
- 12/8 – String Quartet played at the Monarch Landing Annual Holiday Celebration.
- 12/8 – Metea String Ensemble performed at Fair Oaks Ford Lincoln Holiday Celebration Event.
- 1/23 – Apollo at 2017 Still Middle School Choral Exchange.
- 1/26 – Chamber Strings performed at ILMEA in Peoria, IL. Pieces included Intermezzo from Little Suite for Strings, Op. 1 by Nielsen; Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35, I, Allegro Moderato by Tchasikovsky (violin soloist, MVHS Senior, Eric Y.); and Symphony No. 1 in g minor, I, Allegro Moderato by Kalinnikov.
- 1/28 – MVHS All State students performed with ILMEA orchestra in Peoria.
- 9/3 – Marching Band performed at Northwestern Band Day in Chicago.
- 9/5 – Marching Band marched in Naperville Labor Day parade.
- 10/1 – Marching Band performed at D204 Marching Band Festival held at MVHS.
- 10/1 – Marching Band performed at Red and Black NIU Fall Classic in DeKalb.
- 1/28 – MVHS All State students performed with ILMEA band in Peoria.
- 2/15 – Jazz Ensemble plays at “Jazz Fest” at UIC.
- 10/9 & 10/10 – Chamber Singers traveled to IWU (IL Wesleyan University) and worked with Dr. J Scott Ferguson.
- 10/24 – Madrigal Singers were guest performers at the Hill Middle School Chorus concert.
- 10/26 – Varsity Singers were guest performers at Aurora University’s fall choral concert.
- 10/29 – Muses and Apollo were guest performers at the Troop 81 Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast.
- 11/18 – Treble Singers worked with clinicians at Notre Dame’s St. Mary’s College Women’s Choir Festival and performed at the Festival.
- 12/4 – Chamber Singers were guest performers at the Illinois Wesleyan University Christmas Concert in Bloomington.
- 12/6 – MadriGALS performed at Faith Lutheran Church.
- 12/8 – The mixed Madrigals singers performed at the Aurora Country Club, Crouse Educational Center, and a nursing home.
- 1/28 – MVHS All State students performed with ILMEA chorus in Peoria.