HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
THANK YOU for a wonderful year!
AMP appreciates all the parent and student volunteers who helped make the Metea music events and programs happen all year! Have a safe and enjoyable break, and we look forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
- Newsletter. Please review the PDF main newsletter page to visit the items of interest regarding information from AMP and the MVHS music department. Don’t miss the calendar to get all important dates.
- Social Media. A great way to stay connected while at MVHS — or after your student graduates! Please join today and encourage your alumni parent friends and alumni music students to also join us on social media. Alumni events, MV department concerts, Collage Concert details, etc. are communicated regularly. Please join AMP on Facebook and Twitter at @MeteaAMP and Instagram at @metea_AMP!
- Learn About The Music Program. If you are new to the MVHS music program, you can learn how AMP supports the exciting MV music programs by viewing this slideshow under “MVHS Music Program Overview.” Want to get involved? See more opportunities here.
For Your Information
- Nominations for 2018-2019 AMP Executive Board. Whether you’re a band, chorus or orchestra parent, the Metea Valley High School fine arts department is supported by volunteers. The AMP Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for Board and Committee Chairperson positions for the 2018-2019 fiscal year (7/1/18 – 6/30/19). Nominations for the MV AMP Board will be accepted until June 8, 2018.
Executive Board Positions
- VP of Band
- VP of Chorus
- VP of Orchestra
Please contact Nominations Committee Chairperson, Alex Clopp at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about the positions. Elections for the MV AMP Board positions will be held on Wednesday, June 26, 2018 at 4pm in Room A133.
**Please note that a by-law amendment referencing executive board terms has been posted to the MeteaMusic.org website under the AMP tab . AMP General Membership vote will be taken to approve the motion on June 26th at 4:00 p.m.
- 2017-2018 AMP Executive Board. A huge thank you to this year’s AMP Executive Board for all their work: President, Alex Klopp; VP of Band, Shyamla Narayan; VP of Chorus, Linda Stachniak; VP of Orchestra, Debbie Hagel; Secretary, Lisa Venterella; and Treasurer, Jeanne Sheehan.
- 2018-2019 AMP Executive Board. New positions will be announced after the June 26 elections. All 2018-2019 board members assume their new positions on July 1, 2018.
- Dinners Out. Hope you enjoyed Nothing Bundt Cakes at the Fine Arts Festival on May 19. Please see the “Dinners Out” article for details.
- Marching Mustangs. The Marching Mustangs is part of our music department’s strong foundation of excellence in music education. Incoming freshmen are encouraged to join. During the 2018-2019 school year, the Marching Mustangs are performing a Disney halftime show, and traveling to St. Louis for a weekend trip, which makes for a very exciting season! Summer commitment consists of the morning on June 5, 6, 7 and then not again until August 7th, so you still get your whole summer off! To register for Marching Mustangs, visit this link.
- Senior Girls. If you would like to donate your black concert dress to the music department, please feel free to leave them at the Metea front office during the summer, labeled “Music Department.” Please contact Mrs. Boddy with questions.
- MVHS Music Alumni. If you know a former MVHS fine arts student or parent, please invite them to like the AMP Facebook page and follow the AMP Twitter account (@MeteaAMP) to find out current happenings in the music program. See more details here.
- Fond Farewell. Thank you to Metea accompanist, Michael Oldham, for his work with Metea students this year. We wish him well in his future endeavors!
- Next AMP Board Meeting. The next AMP meeting is scheduled for 4:00pm on Wednesday, June 26, 2018 in Room A133.
- Recordings. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs.
- Music Decals. Decals for vehicles can be purchased from the Sports Boosters window in the Commons at all sporting events. Decals available include: band, orchestra, chorus, madrigals, etc.
- Summer Music at Metea & More. Take a look at the various offerings for summer music at District 204 schools – please note orchestra programs are in August.
- Collage 2018. Save the date! Collage performances are Thursday, November 29 & Friday, November 30, 2018. Mandatory dress rehearsal is on November 28, 2018.
- Metea Wind Ensemble. Congratulations to the Wind Ensemble who performed at Illinois SuperState2018 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Saturday, May 5, 2018. Great job everyone!
- Thank YOU! Thank you to all parents who volunteered for AMP activities or supported the AMP organization and their music student(s). We cannot do it without your valuable assistance!
- Musical Theater. Our Town performances were well received by audiences. Save the date for the fall musical Alice in Wonderland on November 2 and 3, 2018 & Spring Musical Newsies.
- Awards Night. The Music Awards Night and dessert reception was Tuesday, May 9 at 7pm. Congratulations to MVHS Class of 2018 and all music students for their work and contribution to the music program this year! Thank you to all parents who helped with the dessert reception.
- Spring Concerts. The choir, band and orchestra spring concerts were a success. To hear the concerts, please visit the SoundCloud page using the password mustangs.
- Fine Arts Festival. This year the Fine Arts Festival was on Saturday, May 19, 2018. AMP facilitated concessions, organizes volunteers and more. (See the May Events article for details.)
- Senior Plaques & Photos. All plaque and photo orders have been distributed to students. We have one extra chorus and orchestra plaque with the 8″x10″ photo. If you missed placing an order please send in payment of $39 (checks payable to MVAMP) with your student to hand over to Mr. Devany. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!