The Association of Music Parents (AMP) at Metea Valley High School supports the students and staff of the music department. Every music parent is automatically a member of AMP. There are no fees to join. You will receive monthly newsletters and volunteer information from our organization. Thank you for supporting music at Metea!
- Happy New Year! We are confident that 2018 will be a year filled with beautiful music!
- New to Music at MVHS? Be sure to visit the Metea Music website, and you’re invited to attend MV AMP meetings. If you have any questions, please contact AMP board members.
- Dinners Out. AMP continues to sponsor monthly dinners out where each local restaurant donates a percentage of the date’s proceeds directly to AMP. Thursday, January 25 at Portillo’s in Naperville from 3pm to 7pm is the next Dinners Out date. Please see the “Dinners Out” article for details.
- Help Needed! Chair and volunteer positions are open for some of our annual events, and whether you’re a band, chorus, or orchestra parent, we could use your help! See How Can I Help? article.
- Faculty Update.
- Melinda Arnold. On December 19, 2017 a retirement party was held for Melinda Arnold, Metea piano accompanist, at Churchill Clubhouse in Oswego. Thank you to all the students, parents, faculty and alumni who came out to celebrate Ms. Arnold’s contributions to Metea. She has served our school since the building opened in 2009.
- Michael Oldham. Please welcome Mr. Oldham who is the new piano accompanist. He is eager to work with Metea music students. Please read his bio here.
- Nathan Bramstedt. Mr. Bramstedt will be taking a semester sabbatical to teach choirs at Illinois Wesleyan University in the spring semester. He will return to Metea in April and will remain at Metea full-time after the sabbatical. Please give a warm welcome to Ms. Laura Coster who is Mr. Bramstedt’s long-term substitute teacher. Ms. Coster is the retired Director of Choirs from Downers Grove South High School.
- Robin Sackschewsky. Please send congratulations to orchestra faculty, Ms. Sackschewsky, who welcomed her first child in December. She will return to Metea in the spring. Please give a warm welcome to Mr. Daniel O’Connell who is Ms. Sackschewsky’s long-term substitute. Mr. O’Connell is the retired Orchestra Teacher and Fine Arts Department Chair from Addison Trail High School.
- Next AMP Board Meeting. All parents with a student(s) in Metea’s music program are welcome to attend the next AMP meeting, scheduled for Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 4pm in Room A133.
- Recordings. Please note, sound recordings from concerts are available on Sound Cloud using the password mustangs. Please note: Collage Concerts are NOT on SoundCloud.
- Music Decals. Decals for vehicles can be purchased from the Sports Boosters window in the Commons and at all sporting events. These include: band, orchestra, chorus, madrigals, etc.
- Diva Day. This event will be held January 16. For Diva Day, girls from 4th through 9th grade from Hill, Granger, and Still and their feeder schools attend this event to work with MVHS chorus students.
- ILMEA. MVHS music faculty will attend the Illinois Music Educators Association conference in Peoria from January 24-27.
- Montage Concert. All extra-curricular music groups will perform in Metea’s auditorium on February 1, 2018 at 7pm.
- Musical Theater. Make a Scene and Improv will be performed in February. See the Musical Theater article for details.
- Organizational Festival. The February 19th event will be hosted by Metea Vally High School. Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony, Chamber Orchestra, Chamber Strings, Varsity Singers, Treble Singers, and Chamber Singers will both perform and participate in music clinics with university professor clinicians.
- Tri-M Recital. The Tri-M recital will be on February 20, 2018 at 7pm. Please see the Tri-M page to learn more.
- Solo & Ensemble. The annual Solo and Ensemble District event at Waubonsie Valley High School will be on February 24th. Soloists and Group Ensembles perform a selection of their choice for adjudication.
- ARTSpeaks. On February 27, 2018 at 7pm, Vijay Gupta will present The Process is Art: Art is Justice at Wentz Hall, 171 East Chicago Avenue, Npaerville. Admission is free. See details here.
- Summer Music. Save the dates! Check out the summer music offerings here.
- Collage. The November 30 & December 1 concerts were a huge success. Thank you to all parent volunteers and student performers! Please see the Collage article for more details.
- Madrigals. Four December performances were a hit with audiences! Learn more in the Madrigals article.
- ILMEA. Congratulations to all music students who performed in November 2017!
- Poinsettia Fundraiser. Thank you to all the students and parents who purchased poinsettias during the fundraiser. The plants brightly decorated the school during the Collage concerts.
- Collage CDs. All music CD orders were distributed to students before finals week. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s music teacher.
- Music Spirit Wear. All orders were distributed before finals week. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s music teacher.
- Music on the Road. Take a look at where the chorus, band and orchestra groups perform. See more details here.
Please join AMP on:
Submit MV Music Photos from 2009 to current year here!